Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Audacity of Jesus

Phil. 2:5--KJV--Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus:

John 14:12--KJV--He that believeth on Me, the works that I do, He will do also: and greater works than these shall he do because I go to the Father.

Jesus thought and acted like He could do anything through the power of prayer. Those thoughts led Him to do some things that we would consider crazy and insane.

For example: In Matthew 21 Jesus drove out the dove sellers and money changers from the temple in Jerusalem. He broke all of the established "Godly" customs of His day. Then the blind and the lame came into the temple and Jesus healed them. In Matthew 12 Jesus interrupted a service at a synagogue by healing a man with a withered hand. In Luke 7 He dared to stop a funeral procession to raise a widow's son from the dead. In John 11 He called out Lazarus from the grave. In John 8 He stopped a stoning by forgiving a woman that had been caught in the act of adultery.

Time and time again He repeated the promises of His Father as He taught the disciples that He would go to Jerusalem, be beaten, be crucified and rise again the third day. That was not the usual sermon that the disciples were used to hearing. That lesson was not covered by any of their Sabbath School quarterlies. But, He preached it anyway and, as crazy as it sounded, it came to pass just like He quoted God's promises.

Let me warn you. PRAYING IS DANGEROUS!!!! The more time you spend in God's presence the more you begin to think like Him. Then as you keep thinking like God and begin to allow the mind of Christ to challenge you.......you will begin to act as if every promise in the Bible is true. You will begin to pray for the meanest sinner. You will begin to pray for the crippled to walk. You'll actually be walking down the street and wonder who you are going to meet that you could lead to a life changing experience with Jesus. YOU'LL BEGIN TO ACT AS IF YOU REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD IS TRUE. And that ain't bad.

Pray with me:

Father, I'm tired of life as usual. I'm tired of ho-hum church services. My heart is broken when I see lives torn apart by sin. I'm through with being a casual Christian. Light my fire, O God. Make my life a fountain of Your love and Your passion. Bring people across my path today that I can give a drink of this Living Water to.

I'm tired of watching my city and this nation struggle under the weight of sin. I pray for that burden-removing, yoke-destroying anointing in my life (Isaiah 10:27). Show me how to stir the gift You have placed in my life (2 Timothy 1:6).  Erupt inside of me with the Spirit of power and love and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).

As I flow with Your Spirit.....give me a double portion of Your audacity, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...