Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Set Your Destination Point

James likens the tongue to the rudder of a ship. That small rudder can turn a big ship in circles. And as you can imagine, the tongue can also make you run in circles if you don't watch what comes out of it.

As we previously discussed, when Jesus finally started on His journey to Lazarus' house, He told the disciples that He was going to raise Lazarus from the dead. Never once did He say anything else except that Lazarus was going to come back to life.

When He started teaching His disciples about His death and resurrection, He said the same thing over and over. He repeated that He was going to Jerusalem, He would be crucified and He would rise again. His disciples understood the death part but couldn't quite get a grasp of the resurrection part.

I make frequent trips to Green Cove Springs. When I set out from Savannah, I have in my mind my destination point. If I stop for coffee, I could tell anyone who would listen that I'm not staying at this rest stop. I am headed to Green Cove Springs. And, given enough travel time I will get to my destination.

Revival and miracles are destination points that the Word of God says can be ours if we will set our hearts on them and begin traveling toward them. We set these destination points firmly in our hearts by the way that we pray. If we want revival, we will pray every day for souls to be saved. If we want to see someone healed we will pray for that person every day.

We set that destination point by giving God the praise in advance. Thank Him for revival. Thank Him for souls being saved. Thank Him for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. What ever it is that you are praying for, give Him thanks. Then keep expecting it to manifest.

Never in God's Word will you hear God say, "I'm not going to answer your prayer because I don't want to." It's the other way around. He is always trying to get us to pray. He said to ask "anything" in His name. Jesus said to ask and that we would receive. We don't get to the destination point by just wishing we were there. We get to the destination point by "traveling" to it every day through prayer and faith.

Pray with me:

Father, I thank You that You are faithful to keep Your promises. You sent Your Son to die on a cross so that the world could be saved. My unsaved loved ones still live on this earth so I know they are included in that promise. Presidents, congressmen, kings and leaders of foreign countries are still in this world. Bank robbers, murderers, kidnappers, rapists, drug addicts and the like are still on this earth. And I know that it is Your desire to save them.

So, in the name of Jesus we ask for a revival within us that would spread throughout the world and bring the lost to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Break down all of the barriers that hinder them from coming to You.

Speak to our hearts. Teach us how to reach the lost. Show us how to pray. Show us how we can be a vital part of revival in our town. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...