Sunday, November 8, 2015

Send out the Angels in the Name of Jesus

I don't have the space to explain all the work of angels that are available to the child of God. However, here is a good website that will help you understand their work in the lives of God's praying people.

http://www.elijahlist.com/words/display_word/6601

Suffice it to say, I believe in angels and I am convinced that we do not use them to the extent that God meant for us to. Here's a model of the way that I have begun praying.

Father, I believe that there are angels because Your Word is explicit about them and their work. I believe Hebrews 1:14 gives us the right to place them on assignment. I ask that if I am wrong about the meaning of Your Word that You will correct me. Until then I will continue praying.

Father, I am just one person. Savannah, Georgia (or your home town) is a big place and full of sin and ungodliness. By myself, I cannot physically stop the meanness that sinners have designed to do throughout this city. But, I know that the angels are spirit beings that can see the evil spirits at work in this city. Beyond a shadow of a doubt I know that it is not Your will that these ungodly acts be perpetrated on innocent individuals.

Therefore, in the Name of Jesus, angels intervene in these ungodly acts before they are done. Cause the murderer or thief or kidnapper to hear or see something that would keep them from fulfilling their plans. Show up on the streets walking beside the innocent when someone is watching them to do them harm. Cause the thieves to hear a noise, or a voice or sense your unseen presence. Bring confusion to the plans of the ungodly.

Angels ride in the police cars and walk with the police on the street. Draw their attention to a crime about to be committed. Give them and strong thought that would compel them to go to a place they were not intending to go. Warn them of impending danger and show them a way out of it.

God, show up on the streets, the lanes and the stores of this city You have placed us in. Guard the innocent lives. We take them under our protective prayer custody as if they were our own children or parents. We plead the precious blood of Jesus over them. Devil we declare that these innocent people are off limits to you and demand that you stop your plans to harm them.

Father, help us as Christians to bind our love and our prayers together to make a difference in our city as well as our homes. Teach us how to fight the good fight of faith. Teach us how to make the strongest possible use of the blood covenant. Help us as we reach the lost and intercede for this city. Teach us how to be more effective prayer warriors than we have ever been before, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...