Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Righteousness Part 2

In my last blog I shared with you that righteousness, or believing the Word of God to be true, would give the devil fits. Remember that Abraham believed God and God counted that for righteousness. In other words God says that it is the right thing to do to believe what He says. After all, everything that God speaks is a creative Word and has to come to pass.

According to Daniel the 10th chapter, an angel from Heaven was dispatched to bring Daniel an answer to his prayer the same day he prayed it. However, the ruling demon over the kingdom of Persia prevented the answer from coming for 21 days. Of course, the arch angel Michael had to come to help deliver Daniel's answer.

Here's what we need to glean from this particular scripture. First of all, God heard the prayer and sent the answer immediately. In Ephesians 2:2, Paul reveals satan to be the prince of the power of the air. And, as in the case of Daniel, he does a pretty good job of intercepting God's answers and hinder them from coming to us.

O-o-o-o-h, Bro. Henry that's bad. No, no, no, that's good. I plan on keeping that obstinate little bugger busy by praying more now than I ever have before. I pray for people's impossible medical conditions, like blindness, MS, cancer and the like. I pray for my children to get saved every day. I pray for them to marry Godly spouses and follow hard after God. I pray for the president, his cabinet and all of congress. I pray for the city officials of Savannah, Georgia. I pray for our servicemen, our policemen, our firefighters and the like.

Remember I wrote a blog entitled Send out the Angels in the Name of Jesus. Go back and read it again. Angels are our ministering spirits. I keep them busy, too. I send them out to protect my children and my loved ones. I send them out to bring me my financial blessings. I send them out to ride with the policemen in our city. I send them out to protect and guide our troops.

Let me start another paragraph because I don't want you to miss this. Please, please, please do as I do. I send out angels to walk through the streets of Savannah and interrupt the ungodliness that tries to go on. I pray that they would make a sound, make an appearance momentarily, clear their throat (yes, I really pray that) when someone is about to murder, rob, rape, kidnap or other act. I ask Jesus to personally show up in the gang meetings where they plot to commit mayhem. That is just a few of the things I have been praying for.

Why? Because the devil and his imps are instigating all types of ungodliness. I think that we as Bible believing Christians need to pray however we need to pray to stop what the enemy is doing. Jesus said in Mark 9:23 that all things are possible to the believer. When He said ALL THINGS I think I'll take Him up on that.

Now, according to Mark 11:24, I actually see in my mind's eye angels brushing past the criminals, clearing their throats, and making sounds as people are about to commit crimes. I picture angels walking the streets of Savannah as the guard innocent people. I picture people with blindness seeing. I picture people with MS being completely healed.

As long as I believe it, God will work however He needs to in order to bring me my answer. He has never failed and He never will. As long as we keep our faith up our answer will come. God will never fail to answer our prayers. He might tarry. He might have to work some situations that will glorify His name. BUT, He will always answer if we continue to pray and hold on to our faith.

And that gives the devil fits. He CANNOT STOP God from working. He can hinder. He can aggravate. BUT he cannot stop God from answering our prayers as long as we continue to praise God for His Word. Praise God in the very middle of an aggravating situation. Praise Him when it doesn't look like it will ever come. Praise Him anyway when it looks like it just got worse. Remember that Psalm 8 says that prayer will stop the enemy in his tracks.

Pray and Praise because believing God to be right gives the devil fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...