Monday, November 2, 2015

Anger, Fear and Hatred

John 14:12--NIV--Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

I've heard countless people try to say that the days of miracles are over. All I can say is that they are tremendously deceived. If you'll think about this scripture for just a little bit, you'll come to the same conclusion that I have. Jesus came to this earth, suffered and died on the cross and rose again the third day just so we could walk in days of miracles. He even said that we would do greater miracles than He did.

Phil. 2:5--KJV--Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Paul was a miracle worker himself. He overcame tremendous obstacles in order to follow the heart of God throughout his life. He led many to Christ. He performed many miracles including causing blindness to come on someone (whom he later healed). He said in Romans 12:2--KJV--And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

If Paul trained himself to think like Jesus thought and saved and healed and delivered people, then we can too. Jesus never thought that any situation He faced was too hard to overcome. The only place where His miracle power was held back was in Nazareth (Matt 13:58). And that was because of the people's doubts.

Paul learned Jesus' secret to great power. Galatians 5:6--KJV--but faith which worketh by love. Jesus preached a fervent love toward God and toward each other. Paul said the same thing throughout his epistles.

Mankind is not born with anger, fear and hatred. These are learned traits. We learn them from our parents and from the people we hand around with. When we let our mind dwell on these three emotions it completely destroys the power of God that is trying to work through us.

Many people's minds are slave to these three demons. We all have been slaves to them at some time or another. I was, too, until my prayer life brought me to this truth. I couldn't go thirty minutes without my mind going off on some rabbit trail being chased by one of the three. Jesus and His healing power didn't stand a chance. I was always mad at somebody or fussing about not having my prayers answered.

But, the more I prayed, the more I realized that this type of thinking is the greatest interrupter of God's power that wants to work through me. His Holy Spirit is constantly desiring to perform miracles of deliverance and healing today. It's the very heart of God and has been since before the creation of the world.

Now, I am casting out these imaginations and bringing my thoughts into captivity of God's thoughts (2 Cor. 10:5). I am allowing the mind of Christ take charge of my thoughts by thinking of others with the agape heart of God. The more I refuse to let my mind dwell on anger, fear and hatred the stronger the Holy Spirit is within me. My faith and anticipation are rising to new heights. I am expecting a move of God in my life, my family and the area in which I live. I am beginning to feel way down inside of me that God is leading me to the land of "nothing is impossible".


Pray with me:

Father, as of today, we are going to change the way we think. We are going to put off the old man and his way of looking at the things that plague us. We will put away our anger, fear and hatred and begin to meditate on Your agape love and the promises You have made to us. We have a desire to walk out of our stale and dead Christian lifestyle and into a fresh life of renewed fellowship with You.

We firmly believe that we as spirit-filled believers have the potential to do the same thing that Jesus did. We believe that we can reach the lost by just strolling through the market place. We believe that we can lead people to life changing decisions by the power of the Holy Spirit. As we continue to fellowship with You and think like You that we are confident that we will walk into a new realm of possibilities that are limited only by You.

Lead us and guide us by Your Spirit. Come alive inside of us and give us visions of what we have inherited because of Your blood. Help us flow in the power of Your glorious Presence.

More than anything, we want to see hurting people healed by the entrance of Your Spirit. Help us to bring peace to our communities by saving those who seek to destroy it. Help us to take Your burden-removing, yoke-destroying presence out into the streets and parks where the devil seems to rule and reign.

Help us to declare to all who will hear us that Jesus Christ is Lord of lords and King of kings. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...