Monday, June 22, 2015

Lessons From the Widow--Luke 18

In Luke the 18th chapter, Jesus taught a lesson about a widow and an unjust judge. The judge in this story was portrayed to be one who cared less about God or his principles and he cared less about people. However, a poor widow actually FORCED this unjust judge to act in her behalf. Why? Because she had a legitimate legal claim to something.

The widow kept coming to the judge and demanding that he act in her behalf because she knew that she was right. Everybody in town knew that she was right. Even this ungodly judge knew she was right. He just didn't want to do it. But, because she kept coming to him and demanding the same thing over and over and over again, the judge got embarrassed and finally consented to grant her legal request.

Jesus said that our Heavenly Father would do the same thing if we would continually come and lay a legitimate claim before the throne of Grace. The big difference is, God is Righteous and not unjust. Our Heavenly Father loves us and will never fail in granting our requests. However, if you will read through this parable, you will find that there are times when God waits for a while before granting our request. Why? At the end of the lesson Jesus poses the question. When He returns, will he find faith on the earth? In other words, will we be constant in our faith and continually come boldly to God's throne with our requests based on His promises.

Have you paid your tithes and given offerings? Then you have a right to come boldly to God's throne and pray like this:

Heavenly Father, I give you praise that You are Lord of all. I give You praise that You love me with an everlasting love. I thank You that You are faithful to keep your Word and that Your Word is true. Father, I have been faithful in paying my tithes and giving in my offerings. So, in the name of Jesus, I boldly declare on the authority of Your Word in Malachi 3:10 that the windows of Heaven are opened and blessings are being poured out that I don't have room enough to receive. According to Luke 6:38, I believe that You have blessed the offerings that I have given. I boldly declare before Your throne that it IS good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over that men give to me because I have sacrificed and given to You an offering. I give You praise that every need of mine is met according to Your riches in Glory according to Philippians 4:19. I boldly give You praise that You always keep Your Word. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...