Saturday, December 21, 2013

You Are NOT Called Into ANY Ministry!!!!!!! You Are Called Into God's Love!!!!!

     I hope this title perturbs you enough to listen to what God is speaking to you. I can make that statement because at one time I was called into the ministry. Just like a lot of other dummies, I followed that call. It was my main purpose in life. And, if you will admit it along with me, THE CALLING became my god.
     Without a doubt, the greatest soul winner other than Jesus Christ is the Apostle Paul. The letters he wrote when he was alive are still spurring people on to salvation and greater service to the King. Let's look at what he said.

1 Cor. 2:2--NKJV--For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
Phil 3:8--KJV--Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ.
Phil 3:10--KJV--That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection.
    
Look At These Scriptures
Rom 1:1--Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ (doulos-bond servant)
Jude 1:1--Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ (doulos)
Acts 2:18--And on my servants (doulos) and my handmaids I will pour out my Spirit
Col 4:12--Epaphras, a servant of Christ (doulos)
1 Pet 2:16--as servants of God (doulos)

     Doulos is a Greek word that denotes a bondservant who decides to serve his master out of love for him and not for wages. So it is safe to say that main driving force of the early apostles was their undying love and hunger for more of Jesus Christ, and not the next great preaching point. As you read through the letters of the New Testament the main thread that ran through them was to love God and others.

     Here we have the greatest key to our calling. We are NOT called into ANY ministry. Rather, God's greatest calling is to love Him with all your heart, mind and soul. (Dt. 6:5, Matt. 22:37) That right there is enough to keep anyone busy and happy for the rest of their lives. Instead of delving into scriptures that will help you "shear the sheep without killing them" we should be striving to strengthen our love relationship with Him. His love for us and the lost will bring us to the place of service where He wants us to be.

     Our desire to serve Him should be harnessed to His desire to serve us. John 3:16--For God so loved the world the He gave......  On this ONE scripture hangs all that God has ever done for us or ever will do for us. Therefore the greatest preparation you can make to His service is to love Him so strong that anything He asks you to do will seem like a menial task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...